Thursday, January 26, 2012

01-26-2012 A Great Day for Netowrking

This is another great day for me!  I got up at 6:30 in the morning and went to a business networking event called Referral Business Builders, where entrepreneurs get to know each other and refer business to each other.  It was a great event and I get to meet some great people there and look forward to the next event.

Through this networking event, I met Mr. William Spencer and referred me to another entrepreneur group event taken place after the Referral Business Builders.  Thus, I rushed to that one and again, met some great people there and opened up my sight of what's happening in the world.

Mr. Spencer gave me a very important lesson for social networking today and I'm gonna share with you all
1. Never come in with a mindset to sell;
2. Everybody has agendas and make sure that you focus on where you want to be and don't get sidetracked.

Both pointers are very important to me at this stage of my life.  In the past year and half, I've done lots of things and gained lots of experience through different avenues.  During this time, I got pulled into different directions and tried out many different things, which I'm not feeling regretful about.  However, it was a true life experience on the way toward success.  Often enough, I was pulled to the directions where other saw my ability of executing things and assisted them in making their dream come true.  I always ended up doing lots of things benefiting others and building good will for others.  From these experiences, I learned to be focus and assess where you are from time to time.

I am very grateful with what I have learned and done since I left accounting and feeling very appreciative with the people who help me along the way!  I always believe that the BEST is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment