Thursday, January 12, 2012

01-12-12 Never Losing Hope

This is the third day after our separation agreement. I tried to keep my involvement with the partnership to the minimum while fulfilling the duties that I was responsible for while seeking out my way out to develop my brand and my future.

One very important note is that, networking is SUPER CRUCIAL!  And keeping good relationship with people is the KEY!  You never know who will open up the next opportunity for you.  I knew and understood it well when I was trying accounting in college.  Yet, it makes much more sense lately.

I was working for Dior at Niemans a while ago and get to know some ladies working there.  One of them is from Cle De Peau and she later introduced me to Cle De Peau and La Metier De Beaute.

Doing makeup is fun but it requires a lot of passion for you to suceed, no matter if you are taking the corporate route or independent business owner route.  It does need someone who has the passion, the courage, the selling and marketing skill, and most importantly, the desire to learn and advance.  Some people might ask what made me advance so fast?  It didn't happen over night! 

Because my parents are jade sculptors, I was immersed in art and studied face features when I was two or three.  My favorite subject to draw were the buddhas and flying fairies in Dun Huang.  Thus, my skill set was built for many years.  Now, when I first start doing makeup, I did take a basic training from Houston and an advanced training from HK.  With that said, it was easier for me to transfer my skill from paper to faces.

To be honest with you all, I didn't like MAKEUP the way you guys thought I did.  I didn't start putting on makeup until I was 22 probably.  But I love the art and couture makeup look.  I also love making people feel beautiful and confident!  That's why I started! 

It is just the beginning and I believe that the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment